Slamming questions.

Great, have you used pool math yet? Try entering your data for 30 cya and see what it tells you to add.

Do NOT add two bottles of bleach.

Once All the way full, check back when full and tell us if you drained 100%. If not, about how many inches deep were left.

Got the kit...finally!
So, climbed off in the pool and got a water sample and tested just two things just cause i wanted to see where it was before i fill it back up.
with the new kit i get
10.5 fc
1 cc
11.5 tc
tested the PH and it was at 7.4
as soon as the i get water back up to where i can run the pump should i start it back again?

Stacey

16" left about 2k gallons, so that will leave some residuals. Looks like you had some FC left over, so let's see what your filled level gives you for Cya. When full and ready to SLAM, you need about 30 PPM CYA. Run the numbers in pool math, and add a little Cya based on what it tells you after a fresh test set if you need it. If you aren't sure, ask here first, and we can help. Also, run a pH and see where that is. You need to be between 7.2 and 7.5 preferably.

Ran numbers this morning.
First thing i noticed when i got up is pump sounds like it really dirty. Have not opened it up yet but very little output on the jet.
Here are my numbers
8:30 am
I did the chlorine per instructions that said it was "super accurate" by filling tube to 25ml mark. count drops as before but multiply 2.
18 fc
4 cc
22 tc
7.6 ph (kinda iff'y..its cloudy outside if anything it would be between 7.6 and 7.8)
did not do CH
CYA is unknown. I mixed and went outside and i never got to a point to where i could not see the dot clearly. filled tube all
the way up and it was still clear.
Out of mix, unable to run again till i get some.

So, whats next?
I am a little unsure of the pool math thingie..
Stacey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
so i can't begin a slam if i have no cya. SO, i have cya in a jug and it says add 1 lb for 4000 gallons of water will raise cya up to 30 ppm.
But will adding chlorine/bleach raise the cya? From what i have read that is no
What if i cal/hypo at 73% will that raise the cya?
i tested cya again with my kit and again it did not make the dot disappear and i filled it all the way to the top..
Going back to the pool math thing to see if i can figure something out
help!
lol

bleach does not add CYA, neither does cal/hypo which adds calcium (CH). You do not need to add calcium in a vinyl pool, so I would stick with bleach.

I would add about 1.5 pounds of CYA in a sock and get it dissolving and then assume your CYA is around 35ppm and continue the SLAM.

ok so here goes..
added 1.5 pds cya in sock. hanging inside pool.
With assuming my cya is around 35ppm that makes me have a needed shock/fc level of around 14.

At 8:30 am i had
2 fc
0.5 cc
0 cya

at 12:30 added 1 jug 121oz 8.25%bleach
at 1:30pm
17.5 fc
1 cc
18.5 tc

at 4pm
13.5 fc
1cc
14.5 tc

6:30
10 fc
1cc
11 tc

8:30
10.5fc how does it go up shouldn't it be going down?
0.5cc
11tc

added 1/2 jug of bleach... My final question and i will leave ya'll alone:)
I am going out of town. will leave Friday morning be back Sunday.
What should i do with this pool? I have someone who will come and clean the pump but we are expecting rain.
They will not know how to test so I am not sure what to do.
Turn it off and leave it since the rain water is going to mess things up probably?
Leave it running...Mom has a chlorine puck should i add one of those?

Thanks for the help
Stacey

The FC jump was likely testing error.

Are you using PoolMath to calculate how much bleach to add? You overshot 14ppm by a good bit.

You SLAM process is going to take a large step back if you can not be around the pool for a few days. Just raise the FC to shock level and cover the pool if you can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.