Slamming process

Hi , well my pool looks good. Sparkling water, and .5 to 1 cc as of now. Overnight fc loss is not yet noted. I might do it tonight. I brought up CYA to 30 and tested PH 6.8 and TA 80. The FC is still at slamming level.
My pool is 28000 gal.
My question is :

1. To bring up PH and TA should I first add baking soda for TA to rise up and then test PH again and then adjust it according to the recommended level with Borax?

2. Also to adjust PH and TA should I wait till FC comes back to normal recommended level?

Please help also let me know if anything is missing.

Thanks,

The TA is fine, leave it. How did the pH get so low? That reads higher than reality when the FC is greater than 10ppm. I would suggest some borax to raise the pH up to about 7.3ish depending how high your FC is.

Don't do anything with PH or TA until your SLAM is completed. That's when you pass the three criteria to stop.
1 Water is crystal clear
2 CC of 0.5 or less
3 you pass the OCLT
You can't test PH with FC levels of 10 or more as it will read a false high. Fix your PH if it needs attention after the SLAM. I wouldn't even mess with the TA. Take a look at the article in pool school on when to adjust TA. ?

Hi,

Thanks much ! Our pool passed all the test. The water is cleat , overnight FC loss .5-1 , CC .5. Pool as at FC 6.5

PH is still 6.8. I added borax as per pool math recommendation.

How long should i wait to test PH after adding Borax? Can I leave CYA to 30 or should increase ?

Hi,

Thanks much ! Our pool passed all the test. The water is cleat , overnight FC loss .5-1 , CC .5. Pool as at FC 6.5

PH is still 6.8. I added borax as per pool math recommendation.

How long should i wait to test PH after adding Borax? Can I leave CYA to 30 or should increase ?

Congratulations!

You can retest pH after 30 minutes, with pump running.

I suggest you raise the CYA to 40ish :wink:

Great! pH is now 7.5. I will increase cya. When we add stabilizer , do we have to wait for certain period of time to swim?
Thank you so much for all the help and support.

If you are using the sock method in the skimmer to add CYA, no need to wait. Jump in!

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure to maintain FC between 2 and 6, and never below 2. Once you add the extra CYA and take it to 40, maintain FC between 3 and 7 and never below 3.

Okay, we'll take a pic now :smile:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.