thanold

Apr 19, 2021
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,

New pool owner, about a year. Been doing most everything myself. Got a little behind on upkeep and have the following readings for a 35,000 gallon pool CYA 65, FC 1, CC 1.7.
I have bought liquid chlorine and based on the concentration the app is telling me to add 4 gallons. On the App its populating the suggestion of 4 gallons based on a target of 8 for FC. On one of the pages on the forum I thought it suggested to try to get the FC up to 26ish initially based on either the CYA or CC level, can't remember. Anyway, does 4 gallons sound about right? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: For you to perform the SLAM Process, you first need to ensure you lowered your pH to about 7.2. Then based on your CYA (rounded up) to 70, you need to increase and "maintain" an FC of 28 per the FC/CYA Levels (SLAM Tab). If you have any question let us know.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: For you to perform the SLAM Process, you first need to ensure you lowered your pH to about 7.2. Then based on your CYA (rounded up) to 70, you need to increase and "maintain" an FC of 28 per the FC/CYA Levels (SLAM Tab). If you have any question let us know.

Thank you. I just realized I didn't have the SLAM toggle slid over on the App. I now can put in a value of 26 for FC (before it was saying it was outside the range) and get a recommendation of 7 gallons..

Is there an actual issue you're trying to solve? You say you got behind but has that manifested in some way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.