Bill, I want to make sure that's not a typo. Is your FC only 1.0? If so, is there a reason you are letting it fall so low? Are you not increasing the FC until you get the pH down to about 7.2 for the SLAM Process.
I put 2 gallons of 10% chlorinating liquid in last night and this morning the FC was 0. The PH 7.5, TA 90 and CYA 28.
I have been adding water to the pool to get the water level up.

this morning the FC was 0. The PH 7.5, TA 90 and CYA 28.
That's what we need to know. So do this:
1. Finish filling your pool to the designed water height.
2. We can assume your CYA is 30 based on your testing.
3. Lower your pH just a little bit more to 7.2.
4. Increase and maintain the FC SLAM level of "12". It will take a good amount of chlorine/bleach. Then you'll need to have additional gallons to "maintain" that FC level of 12. That is key. Do not wait several hours to test the FC again. In the beginning of the SLAM Process, test again in about 30-60 minutes and increase the FC as needed. Next time you might be able to wait longer. Eventually the FC will hold better and you might only need to add chlorine 2-3 times per day. But in the early SLAM stages you have to test more frequently.

Reactions: BillJ
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.