NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
We opened to a green pool yesterday after using a mesh cover for the first time. I have not been able to find CYA and could only find a few gallons of 6% bleach but am going to try again today. I have a new SWG to add but know I need to get water balanced first. I’m just now starting pump due to filling and I plan on adding pH down in a few. I tried to run my robot and it got clogged.
-Should I manual vacuum to filter or waste?
- Or wait and let chlorine/filter take care of some of it?
-Should I start the SLAM now or wait until I get CYA?

Test results are:
pH-8.9
CYA-less than 20
FC-0
CH-50
TA-110

I would vacuum to filter and backwash each time the filter psi increases by 25%

Get your CYA up to 30 ppm prior to the SLAM. You will use wa-a-a-a-y to much chlorine if you try to SLAM without CYA.
Thank you! I saw Leslie’s has Natural Chemistry instant conditioner, is that ok to use?

It's the same CYA as the powder, just really expensive. But if that's all you can get, then it's better than wasting a bunch of money on chlorine to the sun. :) I'd add a half gallon first, let mix for 30 mins, re-test CYA. Better to have too little and add more than too much. I don't believe you need to wait 24 hours to get a good reading like you do with granulated CYA, which is one benefit of the liquid stuff.

Reactions: adm525
image.jpg
Anyone know why these would be different? I just realized the kit said to use R-0014 so I used it and got 7.4. I think I bought it at Leslie’s last year because I ran out. R-0014 looks lighter.

Anyone know why these would be different? I just realized the kit said to use R-0014 so I used it and got 7.4. I think I bought it at Leslie’s last year because I ran out. R-0014 looks lighter.
The R0014 goes with the K1000 Taylor kit that comes in the TF100.
The R0004 goes with the the pH comparator kit that comes with the K2006.

They are not directly interchangeable as each test kit uses a different amount of water sample for the test.

I thought the only difference was the concentration level. With the weaker one you need to add about 3X the number of drops, but the number of drops doesn't matter with the pH as it just changes the tint. If it is orange than pH is too low. If it is pinky purple than pH is too high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.