SLAM then vacation chlorine

charsand

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Flower Mound/Texas
I am in the middle of a SLAM, hopefully I will be done by Sunday. I am supposed to be away for about 8 days after that.

Hopefully my neighbor will be able to add 10% liquid chlorine every day while I'm gone. I know he won't take reading of the FC or anything else.

Is there a set amount he can add. It is an 18000 gallon pool with a non functioning SWG (next month's project)

Thanks
Charlie

If he adds 5ppm FC worth every day, give or take, all should be good IF your SLAM is complete.

What is the CYA? Can you put two or three pucks in a floater?

A pool will typically lose about 2-4ppm of FC everyday. Given your location I would be inclined to have him add about 4ppm of FC each day.

So your FC will start high when you leave, correct? If so, then may not need to add anything for a couple days at the start as it drifts down, but for simplicity you could just tell him to add ~3/4 gallon of 10% each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.