aces79

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I started SLAM Thursday. Last night just before sunset I added enough chlorine to bring it up to 12 which is what the pool math app said to add. I just tested at 6:45 this morning and my level is now 11.

Am I done or do I need to keep going?

My water is blue looking but still cloudy. You can’t see the bottom clearly yet.

I’m running a sand filter and running it 24/7.

I started SLAM Thursday. Last night just before sunset I added enough chlorine to bring it up to 12 which is what the pool math app said to add. I just tested at 6:45 this morning and my level is now 11.

Am I done or do I need to keep going?

My water is blue looking but still cloudy. You can’t see the bottom clearly yet.

I’m running a sand filter and running it 24/7.
You read the three SLAM exit criteria?

Crystal clear water
Less than 1ppm FC loss over night
Max CC of 0.5ppm

You haven’t got those yet. If you didn’t actually test the FC level after adding chlorine last night, you don’t know what your starting level was. Poolmath just estimates and isn’t accurate enough.

If the water is cloudy you haven’t got crystal clear water yet.

Got a CC test result? Maybe you passed that one.

When you can throw a dime on the bottom of the deepest part of the pool and see if it's heads or tales, then it's clear :) Otherwise, you're not done

Reactions: aces79
Hmm I started SLAM on Thursday. I balanced the ph and alkalinity first. Stabilizer was 30. I’m checking the chlorine three times a day. Today is Wednesday. The water looks no clearer today than it did on Saturday. The pool math app says I need the chlorine to be at 12. It consistently tests at 9 during the day and at 11 first thing in the morning.

Shouldn’t the water be getting at least a little clearer? My Dolphin isn’t picking up anymore leaves or debris in it, but since I can’t see the bottom, I don’t know for sure that there isn’t leaves in it.

I’m doing this right, correct? Do I just trust the process and keep going?

Also if it matters, I have a Hayward pump and sand filter.

It can take a while depending on how bad it started out. If possible, I would do a test & dose every 2 hours until it gets to the cloudy blue. Make sure to brush all over too. For me, I did a quick round the pool brush after every dose

Reactions: Newdude and aces79

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.