SLAM Process

ferretbone

In The Industry
May 24, 2016
tx
Moved from here.

poolmom, these guys do have a good system albeit tedious, you seem to be at the tail end of that systems tunnel. They seem to know what their doing so. The rest of this post is for them.

Question TFP guys,

You have been helping her for over a month (July and Aug ) with 100 plus temperatures in only a 25,000 gal pool with some algae.
Why didn't ya'll have poolmom just hyperchlorinate "nuke" the water on day one? Everything living (algae) in her pool would have been turned to dead oxidized carbon. A 25,000 gal pool and some Cal Hypo ( $1.50lb) brushed in and the algae would had been gone. That might be over kill in your world, but I'm guilty of far worse like adding enough Cal Hypo to turn pool water white to kill crypto, then have the pool back open 12 to 24hrs later. That's for crypto.

I know "we" do not like metals here, I'm not even going to get into that debate here but for 14 bucks at Wal-mart she could have just poured a 1.5 lb of spa tabs in her skimmer. Thats not metal and it would have killed the algae in less than a week on top of what your teaching.

It's doesn't take over a month just to kill algae, she has been stressing over this far to long when she could have fixed her symptoms first, then worked on the TFP cure like you have layed out for her. Why are we doing this the hard way?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guilty of far worse like adding enough Cal Hypo...
she could have just poured a 1.5 lb ....

With her CH already at 500 ppm, in Indio, CA, why would you recommend she add enough CalHypo to raise and maintain the FC at 25+ppm for several days? So what do you charge to drain pools and acid wash calcium scale "in the industry"?

Adding 1.5 lbs of trichlor into her skimmer would raise her FC by 6 ppm over what maybe 3 days? The hard way? :scratch: That's not helping

Come on man! How about a few far worse, guilty stories? :poke:

Why didn't ya'll have poolmom just hyperchlorinate "nuke" the water on day one?
Ever see a nuclear war end well?
Also, this post started on Aug. 7th. Ten days ago.
Also, Poolmom had some important things to learn and that took some time.
IMHO, Poolmom and the TFP group did a great job. I hope Poolmom thinks so too.

^^^^. And it took 4 days to get a test kit to have answers and a game plan. And the kit came broken. I think all parties have done spectacular with the hand we’ve been dealt.

With her CH already at 500 ppm, in Indio, CA, why would you recommend she add enough CalHypo to raise and maintain the FC at 25+ppm for several days? So what do you charge to drain pools and acid wash calcium scale "in the industry"?

Adding 1.5 lbs of trichlor into her skimmer would raise her FC by 6 ppm over what maybe 3 days? The hard way? :scratch: That's not helping

Come on man! How about a few far worse, guilty stories? :poke:
My 3 cents
First to start
Am I not mistaking that the op had a double post with the same issue that started back in july and got consolidated with this one? That is where I got my time line from?

"1.5 lb of spa tabs in her skimmer."

I said spa tabs for a reason, see if you can figure out why. Then I asked why not add some spa tabs in conjunction with the TFP process. That was a statement followed by an honest question not a criticism.

I assumed you realized the calcium levels are already high, believe it or not, I did too. I guess I do not get the same assumptions from you. I also realize those levels should be brought back down sometime soon. You know when I think a good time to do that would be? After we kill some algae.

"in the industry"

Are you seriouslly mocking me with a half quote of mine from a completey different post that I gave a definitive answer to? That OP wanted a standard to start from, I gave him one, the industry standard straight from a CPO book. .
And also my over kill story you like is the CDC recommendation for killing crypto with levels of cya over 40. Which we do from time to time. I did not reccomend that for killing algae. But you can, I have.

"Nuke the water". I can see some of the pool terminology is going to go right over some heads here. I'll work on that, and I'll work on my condescending replies to you if you work on yours to me. Just remember where I'm coming from, I service, repair, and remodel multiple 50,000 plus gal commercial pools, with the cities code compliance looking over our shoulders, and we only vist them 2-3 times a week.
You have one 27,000 pool that is under 24/7 supervision. I saw what I almost did there, I'm working on it.

with the cities code compliance looking over our shoulders
I’m sorry but I spit out my coffee at this one. That Florida condo was built to code with many clipboard-y people supervising. We have a joke amongst the hard hats in regards to any inspector / supervisor :

‘I have zero idea how to do your job, but this clipboard says you’re doing it wrong’.

Just remember where I'm coming from, I service, repair, and remodel multiple 50,000 plus gal commercial pools, and we only vist them 2-3 times a week
I’ve helped many across the world. Without ever seeing one in person. Just sayin. 😁
and I'll work on my condescending replies to you if you work on yours to me
Ok deal !! But once in a while it’s fun if we both play a little. Good clean battle of wits. No hitting below the belt. ;)

I’m sorry but I spit out my coffee at this one. That Florida condo was built to code with many clipboard-y people supervising. We have a joke amongst the hard hats in regards to any inspector / supervisor :

‘I have zero idea how to do your job, but this clipboard says you’re doing it wrong’.

I’ve helped many across the world. Without ever seeing one in person. Just sayin. 😁

Ok deal !! But once in a while it’s fun if we both play a little. Good clean battle of wits. No hitting below the belt. ;)
We call them Karen and Daren, but when you meet one with a small clipboard they can be a real big boys word

Question can you do that in spanish?

Deal, Trust me.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.