Slam or No?

Pool Math said I would need basically another 649 oz of bleach to get back to FC28 ppm. I bought some Great Value bleach at Walmart since it didnt have the cloromax additive or the splash proof additive. Using the Clorox the Pool Math calculator has been right in there for the dosage to get back to where I wanted to be. I used 633 oz and went to dinner with the wifey. I tested it when I came back. The FC is at 35 ppm now lol. I should have just added 4 gallons and tested it. However, with the Clorox the calculator had been almost spot on. The GV bleach is even slightly weaker than what the Clorox claimed. Clorox was 6.05% Sodium Hypo and GV was 6.0% Sodium Hypo. I need to use about 75% of the recommended dosage from here on out and test.

The OCLT showed a loss of 7.5 on the FC. My neighbors Hackle berry tree dropped quite a few leaves in the pool and they sat overnight in the pool and skimmer. Could that have caused the loss? The night before it only lost 2 ppm. When I chlorinated yesterday the sun was out for about 3 hrs too.

Leaves overnight? I don't think those would have a major effect on the FC that quickly. A loss of over 7 is quite a drop. I haven't checked-in on this thread for a while, but if you haven't done so already, consider all the following if you haven't already done it:
- Deep clean the sand Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter
- Remove the pool light (if it has a niche behind it) or anything else that can be removed. For hollow ladders or steps (if you have those), try to get in there and inspect or use a syringe to inject chlorine into them.
- If you have a drain, try to look under the cover for any junk stuck in there.
- Make sure you have good circulation from every suction source and good return pressure to each jet.
- Maintain that FC level. If it's been a while since you tested the CYA, you might consider that as well to ensure you are at the proper SLAM/Shock level

I did not add any chlorine after the 7.5 FC drop. I tested it again around 5:00 PM and it showed FC 20 ppm. I let it ride until this morning just to see what it would do. The FC held steady at 20 ppm. The CC is about 1 and the pool is clear.

Am I done with the SLAM?

Am I done with the SLAM?
You had me excited until your said the CC was at about 1. I would suggest checking that CC again. It needs to be 0.5 or less. That's your last requirement since you passed the OCLT and your water is clear. We want to make sure your pool isn't still working hard to oxidize excess organics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dbtgallery.php

Okay, now you know what this means? Always follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. Enjoy. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.