SLAM Help

After taking more pics at the exact same time as yesterday morning, I realize the color hasn't really changed much it must have been the earlier lighting making it look bluer. Still at a loss. Does this indicate our filter isn't working properly? PSI is good, water coming from the jets is pretty strong so I'm assuming it is circulating well. We are running it 24 x 7.

Attachments

• IMG_5896.jpg
    IMG_5896.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5897.jpg
    IMG_5897.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 9
I definitely plan to SLAM until we meet all the criteria. I am just very discouraged at the lack of progress and feel I'm missing something, possibly with my equipment? I will keep at it though for sure.
I will say with my own slam that my cloudy water didn't start really clearing until I was hot swapping 2 sets of filters multiple times per day. Once it cleared & I passed OCLT I did a soak on one set of filters & have left those in since with no problems now.

Thank you! I am planning to clean the filters today and probably just suck it up and do it every day until clear. That might be why it’s going so slow. Unfortunately we didn’t keep the other set because they were pretty useless. I wish I would have kept the original ones we had. They worked so well even though they were super old and gross.

I have never responded to a thread to give advice before on here. But what you are describing is exactly what I dealt with this year on opening the pool. I slammed fir over a month, had the cloudy issue after all trash was out of pool. I saw a thread on here where they mentioned slowly adding the chlorine rather than just pouring it in (dumping). I started doing that when I added my chlorine, don’t have a clue if that made the difference or not but it started clearing up and now I have a sparkling clear pool. Good luck. Just keep plugging along.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have never responded to a thread to give advice before on here. But what you are describing is exactly what I dealt with this year on opening the pool. I slammed fir over a month, had the cloudy issue after all trash was out of pool. I saw a thread on here where they mentioned slowly adding the chlorine rather than just pouring it in (dumping). I started doing that when I added my chlorine, don’t have a clue if that made the difference or not but it started clearing up and now I have a sparkling clear pool. Good luck. Just keep plugging along.
Thank you! That is great to hear, I have never seen that mentioned before so I will keep that in mind for next time. We did finally clear our pool. I have come to the conclusion that the new cartridges we bought work but SLOWLY. If I ever SLAM again my goal is to have an extra set on hand to swap them out a few times a day at least. I think I still am killing some algae because I'm still seeing some minimal dead stuff on my stairs. I'm keeping at SLAM level until I'm 100% sure it's all GONE! This picture was taken over the weekend, such a pretty sight!pool.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MITBeta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.