SLAM guidance/encouragement- 15 days in

I'd encourage you to consider dumping 50% of the water ASAP. Your CYA is really high and your SLAM is a struggle.

Any little slip up after SLAM (provided you successfully finish the SLAM) and you're right back to hauling in dozens of gallons of liquid (can eat up $150-200 water cost really easy) because the CYA is so high. SLAM at lower CYA is much easier. It'll also reduce the amount of work your filter has ahead of it, if the cloudiness is from algae.

Wanted to post new pics and say thanks! @mknauss @Newdude @PoolStored @Texas Splash @duraleigh
Since last post started cleaning my undersized filter 2x a day, saw improvement in water clarity everyday(i even pressure washed my pool cage during). I bet if I had posted a week earlier would have shaved a week off the SLAM.
Can not thank Trouble Free pool community enough, crazy to have had pool store chemicals throw everything so out of wack. Then to turn it around with the simplest process. To any new trollers out there, the preach of trusting the process are all true, results right here in pics. I am pretty excited for this season waiting for one last OCLT, then will let FC levels back to maintenance levels.

20230330_131450.jpg

20230330_131453.jpg

Going forward, make sure to always be in or above target range for your CYA level. Use the calculator mid page here FC/CYA Levels. There is leeway from target range all the way to SLAM fc, SLAM fc is safe for swimmers and equipment. There is very little leeway below target level, before you need to SLAM again. Always goof on the high side of target, and we'll never discuss your green pool again. (y)

Here are the Pool Care Basics juat so you have them in an easily findable spot.

Whoo hoo!
Congrats!
About your swg…. The volume ratings are based on running them 24/7 in that size pool. This is why tfp suggests a cell that is rated for at least 2x’s your pool’s volume.
The average algae free pool can consume 2-4 ppm/day of fc. Possibly a little more in the peak of summer in sunny florida.
Setting it to make an average of 3ppm/day is a good starting point.
Here’s roughly what that looks like in your pool
👇
D9812A21-3E1C-479A-9534-6AE6B5D0E99A.png
Here’s roughly what 24/7 can accomplish
👇
27F8111B-DA5B-4106-A7E1-2AF9D0F37D93.png
You we’re falling short initially because you weren’t running it enough. Then once algae crept in there’s no way it would be able to keep up.
What’s done is done but when this cell dies after you reach it’s 8-10k hour lifespan you’d be better served by something like a pentair ic60 or another 55/60k unit.

AWESOME!!! It feels so good to finally have a clear pool. I just finished a month long SLAM and will just keep pool open all year cause I don’t want to do that again. 😂 Definitely tried my patience.

Reactions: reggiehammond
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.