Slam first or later

Ph 7.5
Fc 10
Cc 0
CH 50
TA 100
Cya 60

Big storm came in so I turned up my SWG to 100 next day I had to drain a couple inches and pool is a light green. Should I just slam now and adjust the rest later? And in what order?

Can’t tell is my signature showed up but it’s vinyl salt water in ground 25000g

Your signature is there.

Save your SWCG. Use Liquid Chlorine to bump up FC. The SWCG is designed to maintain, not raise your FC.

Lower your pH to 7.2 and SLAM Process. Nothing implies a need to wait.

Last edited:
Your FC won't be at 10 for very long once you turn off your SWG. Once it goes below 10, adjust your pH down to 7.2 with muriatic acid and retest your CYA. It might have fallen to 50. Do not increase your CYA to SWG level until after you are done with the SLAM. That will save you a lot of liquid chlorine and it will make the SLAM go faster.

Your signature is there.

Save your SWCG. Use Liquid Chlorine to bump up CYA. The SWCG is designed to maintain, not raise your FC.

Lower your pH to 7.2 and SLAM Process. Nothing implies a need to wait.

MVNAUSS meant bump FC. NOT CYA you don’t want to raise CYA before a SLAM. Ideally you would rather drain some water to get to a CYA of 30 for SLAM.
You will need to adjust PH A little lower with MA. THEN SLAM to a level of 24 with your CYA.

You are so correct!!! I type too fast for my own good sometimes ---------------- editing post.

3a07dabf05bcff0e97bcc499eef88428.png

Ph is a little low but can I start the slam for try an raise it

Don’t know y it shows 18 days ago more like 18 mins

Point your returns towards the surface so the water ripples. That will create enough aeration to raise your pH.

Start the SLAM Process process.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
While you want to Shoot for your number the algae will eat it fairly quickly. Will be interesting to see where you are at in the morning. At least up to your SLAM level. A little over isn’t going to hurt short term.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.