SLAM complete still cloudy

Stay at it. The clearing of a pool after SLAM with a sand filter takes lots of patience.

If that floater has trichlor in it, you have a moving CYA target.

Stay at it. The clearing of a pool after SLAM with a sand filter takes lots of patience.

If that floater has trichlor in it, you have a moving CYA target.
No it has cal-hypo mush in it last time I checked. It's probably gone by now. We haven't had triclor once this year. I've just been using liquid chlorine, borax, and muriatic acid since we drained in March.

Reactions: splashpad
Day six of SLAM. Pump has been on 24/7. I was so bored I brushed the pool twice yesterday! I'm not backwashing much because of the sand filter. My hubs said he's going to replace the sand tomorrow. We shall see. I did break down and use a clarifier yesterday and it did help a lot. The deep end is still a bit cloudy though.

Attachments

• 15574997060661785305086724440341.jpg
    15574997060661785305086724440341.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 15574997454552900123343080910797.jpg
    15574997454552900123343080910797.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 23
Clarifier is glue so now you do need to most likely change the sand. Otherwise sand lasts for ever.

Patience time. Tough to do.

Your on the right track. That's exactly how my pool looked. Maintain the SLAM levels, vacuum/brush, backwash and most importantly keep the filter running 24/7 and it will be crystal clear. Keep on reading other posts and you'll get the hang of it. pretty soon it will clear up

Clarifier is glue so now you do need to most likely change the sand. Otherwise sand lasts for ever.

Patience time. Tough to do.
Ours is about 6 years old. We changed it when we resurfaced the pool.
I read sand filters need a bit of help clearing cloudy water. I was unable to find a small amount of DE, so the clarifier was second choice.

Your on the right track. That's exactly how my pool looked. Maintain the SLAM levels, vacuum/brush, backwash and most importantly keep the filter running 24/7 and it will be crystal clear. Keep on reading other posts and you'll get the hang of it. pretty soon it will clear up
Speaking of vacuuming, I have not. Our Barracuda got stuck on the drain. When I released it the fins came off. So it's sitting on the side of the pool. Such a piece of garbage. It's at least ten years old or more. We are looking into buying a new cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.