Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Okay, so we had gone out of town for a week and a half and I let the chlorine go to nearly zero (I know, I know, lesson learned). There were a couple small (maybe 6”) streaks of yellow on a shady wall and then over near the light housing. My CYA is sitting at 40 so for the last 48 hours I’ve had the chlorine levels up to between 16 and 18. I took the light out of the housing to made sure I brushed well inside. Here is my question…

The pool is 10 feet deep so I can’t be sure but it does look like there is some yellow just around the main drain. I’ve brush it well and vacuumed each day but so I need to get down there and remove the drain cover? If so, how do I do that with the chlorine levels being so high? Is it safe to swim in that?

Second question- after I pass the SLAM, what is the level for mustard algae I need to get it up to for 24 hours?

Thanks in advance.

60% of CYA for 24 hours for mustard algae. Then maintain above MA minimum for several weeks.
I need to get down there and remove the drain cover? If so, how do I do that with the chlorine levels being so high? Is it safe to swim in that?
Not likely need to get under the main drain cover. The pool is not a swamp. You can swim in the pool with FC between minimum and SLAM level.

You have a SWCG. How did the FC drop?

We had turned the SWG down to 40% over the winter and then I forgot to turn it back up when the heat went to 90+. It’s our first year with it and I just completely spaced doing it. Totally my fault.

Just just to confirm, after I pass SLAM, FC up to 24 for 24 hours and then how high does the FC need to be for the next few weeks? Will 8 do it? I’d like to bring my CYA up also, would it make sense to up those bags of granular chlorine when bringing the FC levels up to 24? Kill two birds with one stone?

Sorry, one other question…is there a more scientific way to determine what % and hour many hours to run my SWG to produce desired results? When I I put data to Pool Math, it just says “not enough information”. I have an RJ60 with produces 3.1lbs per 24 hours I believe.

hen how high does the FC need to be for the next few weeks?
In the article I linked -- here is the link to the chart -- Chlorine/CYA Chart

is there a more scientific way to determine what % and hour many hours to run my SWG to produce desired results?
PoolMath. Effects of Adding. Be sure your pool volume is correct. Put in hours you run the pump. And % generation. It will spit out FC

Be ware of the RJ60 statement of CL generation. I would not assume it does better than 2# per day unless you test your unit that it does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.