Skimmer

Kouri

Bronze Supporter
Feb 5, 2017
Central Florida
I recently replaced the float valve assembly and weir on the skimmer and see water movement -- it seems to be working. However, the fine debris on the top of the pool doesn't go into the skimmer and just floats around. Since we have a screen cage, we don't get any leaves or larger items. The float valve does have a diverter but I'm not sure if fully opened means all to the drain or all to the skimmer.

Should I expect little bugs and dust (really cat fur!) to go into the skimmer or should I use a fine screen to remove? Thanks.

You should be able to clear the surface, if the float valve has a teardrop shaped diverter swing that as open as possible so you can see into the hole this will put maximum flow to the skimmer/wier and almost zero to the main drain . You don't need flow to the drain the diverter is good insurance in case the skimmer ever becomes blocked or the water level drops below the skimmer then the pump can pull from the drain and does not starve for water flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.