Skimmer Weir Door Tabs Worn

ElliGal

May 19, 2019
South Carolina
Moved from here.

Hi,
I have only owned my inground pool with an equator skimmer for 2 seasons. My skimmer door seems to be the same model as yours. No screws or spring loaded door. Only the clips under the water that snap into place on the door. Let me be the first to say but this is a pathetic, horrible design. Seems to me that the clips in the skimmer at least should of been a removable and replaceable. Mine has done the EXACT same thing. The door looks in fine shape but won't stay snapped in. I have a hard time believing that buying a $30 new door is gonna fix it when the door is fine. It floats off the snapping hinge when any sort of a wake hits it. I've tried multiple solutions. Unfortualaty none of them have made a long lasting solution. The best luck I've had was 1 week of staying on by applying "gorilla tape " to the section of the door that goes in the snapping hinge. I've also tried a two part, 15 min cure epoxy that I would of bet the moon was gonna work. But low and behold the **** stuff just flaked off in 2 min. Could.Not.Believe.It. Upon scouring the wonderful internet for other fixes to this glorious conundrum, I found your post. Looks like u bought your house a week after we did and you have the exact same problems down to the brand. So, have you had any luck???
I have had my equator skimmer that was installed with the Kafko pool since 2001 and just developed this weir problem last year. I completely agree that this was a sucky design. So far I’m up to 2 layers of duck tape on the weir tubing to hold that sucker in the clips and it seems to be working. For a while. Im very tempted to try the heating and expanding method and would love to hear if that has completely solved the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.