Skimmer replacements (4) required on 75x35' pool... Height acceptable offset??

PoolboyJack

Sep 25, 2023
Westchester County NY
I'm perpetually stuck with a 'Pre-Existing, Non-Conforming' Commercial pool 75x35 feet. Pool lifted & sunk; skimmer boxes need replacement. All four (!) are on the same 75' wall; at least prevailing downwind! Only ONE actually works (skims) at a time; and all have *way* too much epoxy therapy; so replacement is required.
The BIG Question: What is the expected tolerance for keeping boxes skimming uniformly as to HEIGHT Offset across the span? Calls to the Manufacturer (Hay...) has resulted in NO Concrete Measurement. I was told by a nice old pool guy that 1/16th of an inch would be good! This was not covered in my last CPO class; so what do YOU use as a guide (besides lasers??)
Thanks for any info or guidance to same!
-PoolboyJack

Welcome to TFP.

The BIG Question: What is the expected tolerance for keeping boxes skimming uniformly as to HEIGHT Offset across the span?

Do the best you can in getting them all at the same height.

The difference between lowest skimmer and highest skimmer effects the water level range where all skimmers can be operational.

Maybe @AQUA~HOLICS has thoughts.

The more they out of alignment just reduces the range of water level the pool can be at and for the skimmers to still function correctly. To be realistic, it should be easy to get them within a .25" if not less.

Not sure of the commercial use of this pool, it is possible for the water level to change significantly with the number of people in the pool? If the pool does have the possibility of a lot of people in it at one time I would shoot for an 1/8" to 1/16" across the skimmers. Does the pool have any features to maintain the water level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.