Skimmer Replacement

yukonsc

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2012
Oakton,Va
All, I have an old Anthony pool (Guessing mid-80's) The flexible hose connecting to the skimmer finally gave out and looks like it collapsed (used a camera). That said can some point in the right direction of a replacement skimmer that 'drops' in w/o too much work. I know I am going have break out the skimmer and cut the concrete back to hard line transition. I'd like to have the concrete folks out this weekend to replace it.

My big concerns - finding a skimmer that has the same mouth dimensions and a rear feed (vs the piping coming up from the bottom).

Thanks all for any input-

Post some pics of the skimmer you have along with dimensions. Also post pics of the skimmer cover as it often has part number son the bottom of it.

Hey Yukon !!! @anthonypool89 has, well, yeah. An AnthonyPool too. He may have some insight/wisdom/know where to track down parts.

Inyopools are always very helpful
Keep us posted

@jimmythegreek - It appears to be collapsed right at the skimmer connection. So hard to tell w/o break out all the concrete. I do agree with you - I don't want to make this harder then it needs to be
@Newdude - Thanks for the tips. I've been on inyopools site as well. At the end of the day I just want to get this fixed as easy a possible. The whole pool really needs a full makeover.

Okay took my work frustrations out on the concrete today. - Taking the advice here I put a saw cut right behind the skimmer and broke out a ~2x2 section. Its going to take me sometime to get down the pipe as they covered it in a sand/concrete mix. Its needs to be chipped and scooped out. Taking a break for the night - at it again tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FYI. The SP-1075 skimmer was manufactured by Hayward.

put a hole in the flex line chipping the concrete.
Sorry to hear you're having this trouble! I'm still not clear on exactly what happened. With my plumbing the pipe directly below the skimmer comes to a 't' junction, and then part of it continues over to the pump and the rest goes down to the drain. I have no idea how it all ties together. Mine, assumedly, is all pvc, so I don't understand the 'flexible' hose part. "Rear entry" skimmer (?) What exactly is that?

Okay - Found the culprit. Wasnt where I thought - but it was a crushed line - now the issue with trying to put it back together.

EDIT - Put it back together - All Fixed. Giving it a couple days then I'll backfill and concrete

Attachments

• IMG_9109.jpg
    IMG_9109.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9106.jpg
    IMG_9106.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9107.jpg
    IMG_9107.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9108.jpg
    IMG_9108.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 64047922242__901157EE-A1EA-4A65-A429-3BABBC60862A.jpg
    64047922242__901157EE-A1EA-4A65-A429-3BABBC60862A.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.