Skimmer odor

No chlorine was added since last night. Ooops, a little math boo boo. :oops: The number I got at 1:52pm for FC is 27, not 47. I guess that makes more sense, right. From the Pool calculator I need to shock at 26, so I plan to add more bleach if the result shows a number lower than that for tonight. Now, since I got 0 for CC, will it suffice if I keep one more day at 26 for FC?

Thanks, Be well

Miriam

Yes, that makes much more sense.

Insofar as maintaining 26ppm, it looks like you lost 3ppm from 6am till I'm guessing about 1 or 1:30pm (since I'm west coast, I added two hours to your post time). That means that you're loosing roughly .5ppm an hour. Since you have only 1ppm to safely loose, I'd test sooner than later or you could fall under 26.

If you wanted, you could do the OCLT tonight but make sure you test and dose after dark, and test before sunrise the next morning (or sun peeking onto). If you loose 1ppm or less, you're good on that one too. I might keep it at 26ppm one more day for peace of mind and insurance, but if all three criteria are passed it's a little hard to justify it if little people are dying to get back to swimming.

Water is clear? No green? How does the skimmer smell?

Your timing is correct. I last tested at 1:52pm CST. Once I get the baby taken care of I will test again and add bleach if needed. I am planning on doing the OCLT tonight and then in the morning again. Hopefully things will be better and over with the shocking.

Water is beautifully clear. Skimmer is not smelling, so results are showing. I need to vacuum as with the heavy rain particles got in and there is a bit of dirt in the bottom. Other than that I feel confident that I am on the correct and clean path. No more dirt talking! :)

Thanks for the help and education. Sorry for bugging so much. Be well

Miriam

Quick update. I brought the FC to 28 last night and got a FC of 27ppm this morning. CC continues to be 0 and the pH is 7.5 I am vacuuming right now and will leave it uncovered. I am hoping to be able to cover tonight as the temperature is dipping a little in the evening. Would that be ok? Tomorrow maybe we can jump in to cool off!
Thanks for all the help and patience. Be well
Miriam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.