Skimmer Loop?.?

For new construction, I recommend an IntelliFlo VS pump and the Intellicenter automation. A single speed pump is not a good choice.

A whisperflo is a horrible choice for a waterfall pump. A whisperflo is a high head pump and a waterfall is a low head feature.

Pentair makes pumps specifically for waterfalls that would be a better choice. They run at 1,725 rpm with a big impeller, which is a better design than 3,450 rpm and a smaller impeller on a Whisperflo.

For a waterfall booster, go with a water feature pump or an Intelliflo XF.

Reactions: ConcreteChris
I would guess that the builder has probably been doing pools for over 40 years and has a lot of experience and probably also does commercial pools.

While experience is good, the builder probably isn't up to date on modern best practices. They're probably designing the same way they did back in the 1970's or 1980's.

I would guess that the builder has probably been doing pools for over 40 years and has a lot of experience and probably also does commercial pools.

While experience is good, the builder probably isn't up to date on modern best practices. They're probably designing the same way they did back in the 1970's or 1980's.
Does alot of commercial pools.... A huge collection of high end pools and did the head loss on the whole system.. I had great confidence in the plans made.. And now you have me doubting it 😔

I got ur private message. Just read back thru this post quickly. Not sure what's up with your PB but I wouldnt plumb the pool that way. James gave you excellent advice. That's poor choices for pumps for starters. I'm also not a fan of in floor. It's a waste of money usually. Certain designed pools benefit from them if it's a complex layout. Realize you will still need to clean the pool theres no system that you dont do anything. My advice is save the thousands the infloor costs and get a robot under a grand and you will be better off. As for the plumbing can you list everything going into this pool. Suction and returns plus water features. The loop in your picture is a way of plumbing with commercial/public pools. Not needed and not recommended. You want as much isolation to parts of your system as possible. Independent home runs are the best way and a first class install method. How big is this pool overall? How many feet of waterfall?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.