Skimmer lid raised above patio?

I'm assuming the patio is just laid? My guess would be something happened and they were unable to cut the pavers And hopefully will return to finish the job. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you look carefully at picture the pavers are not cut to accept the lid housing of skimmer. They are set underneath the lid housing keeping it up. Theres no fix short of cutting pavers and adding material to keep lid at proper height

I am still thinking they just set the cover on there to mark out the cuts necessary in the pavers and will remove the cover and pavers, then cut and install the pavers and cover. They either lacked the proper equipment to cut the pavers or lacked the proper ambition to finish the job... Just guessin.......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, it's on my "punch list". Not sure how they managed to do that one, other than maybe paver guy didn't understand/realize there was another piece going on top? They cut the pavers around the round portion, which is much more difficult than the correct square cuts.

Yeah, it's on my "punch list". Not sure how they managed to do that one, other than maybe paver guy didn't understand/realize there was another piece going on top? They cut the pavers around the round portion, which is much more difficult than the correct square cuts.

To get the square cuts correct they first need to make the round cut to get the pavers in then place the cover directly on top of the pavers to make the marks for the cover cuts.

Make sure they add some base material to keep those pavers in place and keep the lid flush with the rest of the deck. I often see the skimmers sunk down after pavers are in for a while and in turn the pavers around skimmer shift and settle

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.