Skimmer identification and questions

awtoner

Jan 6, 2020
Orange County, CA
I've already searched the forums and INYOPools but can't find an exact match.
I've also tried e-mailing INYOPools and Waterway, but haven't heard back.
Thanks in advance for the help.

We bought the house last summer.

Characteristics:
  • In-ground pool
  • Constructed in 2005 (?)
  • The pool opening is 8-3/4" x 5-7/8".
  • The lid opening is 8-3/4".
  • The lid is a "POUR-A-LID" and separate from the skimmer, so I don't think that helps with identification
  • The diameter for the float valve is 6-1/4", and there's an aged gasket in the bottom of the skimmer.
  • The only characters I see printed on the skimmer are 519?S and R1 on opposite sides of the basket retainer tabs. The ? is covered by a circle in the plastic.
  • The installed basket is a Waterway 519-3240 that fits with the squared-off sides. This basket goes with a Waterway Renegade, but the dimensions at INYOPools don't match, and my skimmer doesn't have venturi plumbing.
  • There is a tab hanging down from the top of the inlet with some foam still stuck to it.
  • I don't see any holes, indents, or posts for the weir door pivot. There are small blobs in the bottom corners where pivot tabs may have been located. I can't tell if this is just calcium buildup, grout, or a purposeful patch. I don't want to try breaking it off and risk a leak.

I need:
  • Weir door - debris floats back out into the pool when the filter is off. Perhaps this spring-loaded model? Weir, Swimrite 8 1/2in (939) - INYOPools.com
  • Basket with a handle - mine one is hard to get out
  • Float valve - I'd like the possibility of some main drain action
  • Gasket

Pictures:

Photo May 20, 6 13 17 PM 2.jpg

Photo May 20, 6 09 57 PM 2.jpg
Photo Jun 22, 11 30 21 AM 3.jpg
Photo Jun 22, 11 29 35 AM 2.jpg

Thanks for the response! So do I just have an old Waterway Renegade skimmer?

I'm a little worried about chipping out the cement and causing a leak. I don't understand why the installer would have not installed a weir door and instead plugged up the pivot holes. It is even more strange because there's black foam residue on the inside of the tab which keeps the weir door from opening back into the pool. What if they took off the weir door and purposefully plugged those holes? I guess I could always drain the pool down and patch if I need to.

I went ahead and chipped off the grout. It was like a popcorn kernel stuck between my teeth, I just couldn’t resist.

Sure enough, there are two formed-plastic holes (with backs) for the pivot.

I guess now I just order the parts and live the high life.

Just to close this one out, I ordered a Weir door, float valve, gasket, and basket from

Everything fits great except the door is just a little narrow for my liking. I can remove the door by just pushing it a bit without retracting the spring-loaded pivot. It seems to work fine and hasn't gotten loose on its own yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.