Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm refilling my pool to reduce the CYA level. I'm a few minutes away from getting the pumps on and noticed that one skimmer is higher than the other, by about an inch. Is this correct? It isn't like I can get it fixed now (13 years later). But it seems like both should be at the same height.

Sorry for the dirty water pictures, the pumps are not running until it is full! Look at the sandstone return. In one case, the top matches the bottom of the tiles. The other the sandstone return bottom matches the bottom of the tiles. I cannot believe I never noticed this in 13 years....I know the tiles are all the same height since I had them redone, as they were not installed properly. The pool company hated me for making them fix all of their problems.

Wow. Every couple of years I find something else wrong with the pool. In Houston, do not use the pool company with a precious metal in their name...

20200516_092646.jpg20200516_092634.jpg

Red,

You are correct.. Both skimmers should be at the same height, Now not easy or cheap to fix.. I guess you could add tile to raise the bottom of the mouth on the lower one.

What makes skimmers work is the weir door,, It does not seem you have weir doors.. :scratch: Do you have a floating weir basket?

Basically the weir floats up and down with the water and causes the surface water to "fall" into the skimmer, taking debris with it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The doors are there, they are laying flat because there is no water in the skimmers yet. Pool is now full. I guess when I fix the "flagstone" coping, I'll fix the skimmer entrance. It is just the piece of flagstone (sandstone) that is the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.