Skimmer door question

Jun 7, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
When I got home a bit ago, my pump would have been running about 5 hours already. There was no pressure or flow. After realeasing air from the filter, it would try to start and drop back down to 0. It turned out I had a stuck skimmer door. I assume from people being in the pool last night with the pump off, I wave hit the door and jammed it,

I've tried taking the skimmer doors off before but didn't like how much stuff would float back in the pool when the pump turned off.

Is having the doors on, worth the risk of possible overheating the pump if a skimmer door stuck closed for possible up to 8 hours when I'm at work?

I'm torn here. Potential pump damage and a loss of circulation and chlorine generation for up to 8 hours vs junk floating back in the pool when the pump turns off.

Thanks

How did it get jammed up? That should not really happen.

Maybe see if there is some adjustment needed? Or just have the family check it while they are getting all the toys out when they are done ;)

When I replaced a missing weir on my first pool, I got a universal fit replacement.

There was a little nugget of grout hanging down and one time it jammed it shut.

What I didn't know (this is the spring loaded type) is that the weir was actually
too high and very slowly pushing/positioning it down a bit further made it so it
would not hit the grout and stick.

Ive noticed on mine that due to winter cold and summer extreme heat the area where the door is changes. It gets smaller or egg shaped. Like previous mentioned shave off some width from the door and you'll be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.