Skimmer doesn’t seem to be doing much

12 O'clock for the HANDLE would close off one return, the one directly below the valve. 3 o'clock handle will close off the other return. 6 o'clock handle closes off the input from the filter...don't do that. 9 o'clock handle is ALL OPEN.

View attachment 458969
Very helpful! I am not very familiar with the pool plumbing and how returns and lines run so here is my dumb question- please explain where each of the pipes go from the valve, what they are doing. Sorry for being so naive ...

You water level does look low. In a previous post, you mentioned you had a float/diverter valve in the skimmer. If your skimmer starts sucking in air (due to low water level), the float valve will close and pull only from the main drain.

Remove the diverter valve and check for water flow. Be ready to shut down the pump if air starts to get pulled into the suction line. Make sure the flap on the bottom of the diverter is in the fully open position before reinstalling.

You water level does look low. In a previous post, you mentioned you had a float/diverter valve in the skimmer. If your skimmer starts sucking in air (due to low water level), the float valve will close and pull only from the main drain.

Remove the diverter valve and check for water flow. Be ready to shut down the pump if air starts to get pulled into the suction line. Make sure the flap on the bottom of the diverter is in the fully open position before reinstalling.
I don’t have a float diverter valve in the skimmer that I know of. Not sure where you saw that. Or maybe I’m losing my mind. 😁

Very helpful! I am not very familiar with the pool plumbing and how returns and lines run so here is my dumb question- please explain where each of the pipes go from the valve, what they are doing. Sorry for being so naive ...
You have to determine where the water goes after the valve by shutting each port a seeing the results. Both appear to be going to the pool from the picture but where in the pool is up to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.