Skimmer dilemma!

Nov 12, 2015
Davenport, FL
We are replacing our old Intex pool with a new one. We had a skimmer in the old one, but it lowered the water level so much I blocked it off. Does anyone make a skimmer that is shorter top to bottom so the water level stays up higher?

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 10
Thats the smallest one there is.
I have seen some cut it in higher up - that’s really all you can do. If you plan to reuse this one be sure to get new gaskets.
Here’s a thread about putting it higher

You can definitely install a bit higher, even if you don’t want to go above the weld line. Measure it so the screws will go in just below the weld - you’ll gain a couple of inches. Where was your normal water line? At the level of fading, or the level of algae? I typically kept mine just above the top side screw.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I guess I’ve talked myself out of a through wall skimmer. We lost at least 4 inches of water depth when I installed the current one. I have seen a couple of narrower (top to bottom) ones, but I’m thinking of something more like a Pool Skim.

I guess I’ve talked myself out of a through wall skimmer. We lost at least 4 inches of water depth when I installed the current one. I have seen a couple of narrower (top to bottom) ones, but I’m thinking of something more like a Pool Skim.
The intex one is way cheaper- some people have floating problems with them but that can usually be solved by adding a largeish rock to the basket
IMG_9714.jpeg