Skim A Round All in one basket

I actually just ordered one....heard pretty good things. We'll have to see. Don't have it yet.

I also purchased a 3 pack of the skimmer basket socks at our local Meijer store....just for craps 'n giggles. Had my pump running last night for about 3 hours and I like what the sock is doing. I am out in the middle of nowhere with little to worry about for leaves, but quite a few insects and a boatload of the dandelion floaty seeds always seem to be drifting in my pool. It is capturing all of that before it gets to my in-line pump filter and/or my sand filter....with no negligible pressure differences. Lots of guys say you can swap out and use old panty hose, but what I bought is a finer mesh. Socks won't obviously work with the Skim-A-Round basket.....I don't think anyway, but we'll see. Kind of jacked up to try it out to see if it's legit or if they just made me another sucker. And on that note....ordered the Infusion Venturi eyeball too. That will have to wait for another time....that shows up SAT or MON next week. Stay tuned.

Love the hair net idea, I just bought myself some! So I have the skim around. I just put it in last night. It definitely seems to pull in like crazy from what I have seen so far, no changes to pressure on filter. Only thing is, water seems to be coming in so fast that because my return is right below the skimmer, it is creating an aeration type effect across about 4 feet of the top of my pool water. So... not sure how this may or may not affect PH and TA if I keep it in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.