Singing bubblers

Jun 28, 2018
Vacaville/CA
Anyone have an issue with their bubblers? I have two LED bubblers in my Baja shelf(10 inches), and they sing like whales for the first 20 or so minutes they run. It’s not terribly loud, but it is noticeable, and my pool installer says he’s never heard that before.

I've never heard it on a bubbler before, but singing pipes and fittings are usually due to the velocity of water going through it being too high. Are you on a variable speed pump? If so, try turning down the RPM to see if it helps. Also some bubblers come with different size nozzles. If yours does, try switching to a bigger nozzle. Both of these options will reduce the height of your bubbler spout though.

I've never heard it on a bubbler before, but singing pipes and fittings are usually due to the velocity of water going through it being too high. Are you on a variable speed pump? If so, try turning down the RPM to see if it helps. Also some bubblers come with different size nozzles. If yours does, try switching to a bigger nozzle. Both of these options will reduce the height of your bubbler spout though.
That makes sense. I’ll try and reduce the pump speed for these. It’s too bad though, I really liked the height that I was able to get out of them. Pretty sure I didn’t receive multiple nozzles, but I’ll check. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.