zludwig

May 17, 2024
Bondurant, IA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
New DIY Pool build here. I have a pretty basic set up. Intelliflow 3 pump, Pentair gas heater, Salt cell, Glowbrite Lights. I want to keep things simple. The Easy touch would do everything I need, but is on it's way out of production from what I understand. Doesn't seem like a good idea to put that in. Am I overthinking that? The intellicenter seems great, but overkill for what I need for the added cost. The ability to control everything on the phone is not a big deal. Sure it's convenient, but not a deal breaker. Is there another solution that I'm missing? The I/O board on the pump could be an option but it only has two relays so from what I understand, I'd only be able to control two of the 4 devices? Is there another option I should be looking at or should I not be concerned about the easy touch panel? Thanks for your help understanding.

Z,

There is not really much difference in cost between an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic, and an IntelliCenter with its built in ScreenLogic-like system..

Unless you were going to buy the useless "lite" EasyTouch, which I would not even give my dead mother-in-law.. :mrgreen:

The death of the EasyTouch is way overblown... Even after Pentair quits supporting it, there will still be plenty of parts floating around.

What specific EasyTouch were you planning on buying??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the info Jim. The pool supply house recommended the 520593 model EASYTOUCH SYSTEM - SINGLE BODY 4PSC-IC40 . I don’t really think I need the load center because I will have a 100 amp sub panel right next to the control panel? I haven’t priced the IntelliCenter, but from what I’ve seen online it’s significantly more. I didn’t have the screen logic quoted and I’m not really familiar with it. I’ll have to do some reading on that.

Z,

The 520593 is a full up EasyTouch that comes with an IC40 (It has a load center, whether you use it or not),.. Cost is about $1,900
ScreenLogic allows you to use your phone or PC to program and control things is about $700.
A total of $2,600.. For a black and white alphanumeric system..

The IntelliCenter i5PIC40, comes with a load center and IC40 and costs about $2,700.
It has a color display and touch screen technology and comes with a built-in system for remote operation.

So 'almost' the same cost for a better system.

Not tryin to talk you into either one, just tying to point out the facts.

Not sure if you even want phone or PC control...

Thanks,

Jim R.

New DIY Pool build here. I have a pretty basic set up. Intelliflow 3 pump, Pentair gas heater, Salt cell, Glowbrite Lights. I want to keep things simple. The Easy touch would do everything I need, but is on it's way out of production from what I understand. Doesn't seem like a good idea to put that in. Am I overthinking that? The intellicenter seems great, but overkill for what I need for the added cost. The ability to control everything on the phone is not a big deal. Sure it's convenient, but not a deal breaker. Is there another solution that I'm missing? The I/O board on the pump could be an option but it only has two relays so from what I understand, I'd only be able to control two of the 4 devices? Is there another option I should be looking at or should I not be concerned about the easy touch panel? Thanks for your help understanding.

I personally use a sonoff 4ch r3 which I din mounted in my old electrical box. I've added a couple of din mounted contractors to safely control the motors and now I have every solely controlled through wifi (with manual switches to turn things on/off/auto). It controls my lights, my filter pump and my Stenner pump. You could probably also add another 4ch if you needed to control more items. All in all, it's pretty cheap and way better than anything I've seen out there. Been super reliable for years now. I've also attached a themocoupler to the device so now I can read my water's temperature.

New DIY Pool build here. I have a pretty basic set up. Intelliflow 3 pump, Pentair gas heater, Salt cell, Glowbrite Lights. I want to keep things simple. The Easy touch would do everything I need, but is on its way out of production from what I understand. Doesn't seem like a good idea to put that in. Am I overthinking that? The intellicenter seems great, but overkill for what I need for the added cost. The ability to control everything on the phone is not a big deal. Sure it's convenient, but not a deal breaker. Is there another solution that I'm missing? The I/O board on the pump could be an option but it only has two relays so from what I understand, I'd only be able to control two of the 4 devices? Is there another option I should be looking at or should I not be concerned about the easy touch panel? Thanks for your help understanding.
Run your heater and salt cell from the relay board installed on the pump. But, for 400 or so bucks, the globrite controller. You’ll be able to control the cell and the heater from Pentair Home app