Signed Contract - Pool Build Thread - N San Antonio Texas

nhamp07

Bronze Supporter
Jul 24, 2018
New Braunfels, TX
Wife and I have been talking about it for awhile and we talked with a few builders and settled/signed with one. Initial steakout is next Tuesday with a dig date sometime around the beginning of October. That was our choice since we wanted it done around January. Thoughts?

Here is what we are getting:

30'x17.7' Free Form Pool - Depth 3-5.5' - Gallons 12,337
27.4 cubic yards of 4,000 PSI concrete and 2591 lbs of steel grade 60 #4 rods.
Steel 9 Inches on center both ways
Concrete 6-8 inches thick walls and floor
4 inches of washed gravel under pool floor.
1 foot flagstone coping
6 inches of tile water line
676 sq feet of Decking - Cool Deck
15 cubic yards of topsoil
Plaster - Tier three pebble tec
sunshelf with two bubblers

Filter - 60 FT2 D.E.
Pump - Jandy 2.7 Hp Variable Speed
2 Skimmers
3 Prefilters
1 Main Drain
8 inlets
Chlorinator system with adjustable dial
3900 Polaris with 2/4 Hp booster pump
Cleaning equipment
Electrical panel and equipment slab
2 Blue Square LED lights
Phone APP to control pumps/lights/bubblers

Builder will topcoat existing concrete patio to match cool deck
Builder will remove 4 trees and 2 bushes
Includes Flagstone raised pool beam.

2018-08-18_12-24-52.jpg

Ooooh! Exciting times ahead! I like the shape a lot.

Are you seeking input in to your plans? If not... stop reading now. If so...

I would recommend losing the Polaris and the aux pump and just going with a robot. Those Polaris cleaners are very...um..kinda outdated and don't clean near as well as a good robot. Robots also brush your walls and pick up far finer debris, and are much cheaper to run since you don't need a pump for them. They just need an outlet near by.

Also...ditch the chlorinator and go with a salt water chlorine generator. They're great, you won't have to worry about ever rising chemical levels (CYA) from the pucks. You don't have to buy pucks at all! And the water feels so silky. If you want to leave for vacation it isn't a worry. I've gone for 17 days and my SWG kept the pool pristine.

A 3' depth is seriously short. I would have recommended 4' minimum. Shallow water gets real swampy feeling in the hottest part of the summer. Ugh.

Consider these issues and perhaps discuss them with your pool builder.

My two cents.

Maddie :flower:

Congrats on your build. SWG would probably be better. 3' is way to shallow!! Hold a tape measure up to your side...I wouldn't go below 4' in this Texas heat. Your PB has some very exact numbers (17.7)...whatever you do dont give up any money until all decisions are are made and contract amended as needed.

I mentioned to the PB about the depth of the shallow but the profile of my pool is a continuos gradual slope. The wall is the shallowest point. A few feet in will be 3.5 feet.

To add add length they said would be roughly 1k per foot. So that was better than I thought. We get the final numbers tomorrow but i think we are going to increase it to 32’

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Permits and HOA approval happened a couple of weeks ago. Our start was slightly delayed due to all the rain we have had. It backed up the builder. We did go pick out our finishes today. Top is the cool deck color. Blanco pavers for the coping and pier beam wall we will have. Water tile is shown and then tropical breeze pebble tec. Hopefully it all goes together nicely. Look to start in about a week.

8F474725-2664-4769-99D5-5DE9E8B5B47F.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.