Signed Contract - Pool Build Thread - N San Antonio Texas

Oh the noise! But the results will be great. Did they get all the way done yesterday? When they say they are done digging take your plans and a tape measure out and make sure it is right. Is it long, deep, wide, etc enough? Add about 8" to each wall and the bottom for the steel, gunite, and plaster. NOW is the time to fix as needed.

Kim:kim:

It depends on many factors.........PB and crews-what are they used to doing? Dirt-what kind of dirt/stone/rock do you have? They can use rebar to form the steps/shelfs/swim outs. They may or may not fill in the void with stone or sandbags. They may also just fill it in with gunite.

Now here is the VERY important part of the build you REALLY need to be there for. The day they shoot the shell. You need to be there and where you can see and they can get to to ask for input about any ideas or concerns. Have your plans out where they can be seen by all. Maybe everything will go just as you want but..............we had one PO that was there and watching. He saw they were working on the swimout (the ONLY thing the wife really wanted) so he was watching to see how they did it..............well they were making it into a shelf with a lip :shock: NOOOOOOO!!!! He ran over with the plans to talk to them. Since he caught it so fast they were able to fix right then and there without much trouble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is today's work. Shared Clip | Nest

Very impressed with the detail and how clean the PB has kept everything.

Gravel laid on the bottom on the pool, and where decking will go. They formed the baja shelf with gravel bags so that answered my question from last night.

Couple of questions:

1) The fill line will go from the big on the garage to the right into the pool. It will not be an auto filler. My sprinkler guy says while he is out there he can add a sprinkler zone that will fill the pool. He says higher flow rates would make it easier. Thoughts?
2) To the right on the deck there is about a 10 inch drop that they will try to backfill a bit to not make it so pronounced. What else can I do to this area?
3) They PB said the tree will be fine with the decking that close to it. Agree that the roots wont be affected?

Thanks!

Fill line-how will you open/close it as needed? Where will it enter the pool? I like the idea as no one really wants a hose across their deck and an auto fill could break.

drop on right-IF they are able to slope it gently then you should be good. Are you planning on putting grass there? Tell them you want it "mowable" so they have an end game in mind when they work that area. You can plant mondo grass in that area as it really helps with erosion as that is something you also need to watch out for there from the rain.

tree roots-the equipment running over the root area will cause more damage than anything else. If it lives through that then it should be good in the end.

My fill line is tied to the sprinkler system on a separate zone as well. My PB added it through the skimmer when building the pool. I didn't even know it was there until I asked about the hole in one skimmer but not the other :)

I leave the zone off on my RainBird system until needed. Since my RainBird is automated through my phone it makes things super easy!

Rebar was completed today one question I have is about the bubblers in the 3rd picture. They are off centered from on another on the sunshelf. Is this normal or should they be perfectly lined up?

also I submitted my donation last night and need to order my test kit. How long does it take for the coupon to get emailed usually? Thanks!

Inspections are tomorrow!

9DA6E477-02FD-4FB6-9387-7EC858B9658F.jpg
9D35AEC4-7F01-46B4-964D-0BBD9A12F771.jpg
45386C7A-3002-480A-B9C2-4685B27B6065.jpg

Is this all of the pressure they put in it to start with? I am going ahead and saying most of the time I have see the pressure at 25 to 30 psi so........that is mighty low.

Bubblers-can we have a pic of them further back? Does it look good in the over all picture? One thing I do worry about where they are is no one will be able to sit on the edge of the shelf with them on.

Passed inspection yesterday and they did the gunite today. Suppose to rain tonight so it should be fine. PB said there is no need to water as they use a mixture that gets plenty of water before shooting but he also said it wouldn’t hurt if I wanted to.

Will post a time lapse later.

0041E8AD-9BA6-4DC5-82B4-25D9189C7B10.jpg
11FC58AF-A757-4398-B827-3417C929851A.jpgCAE3EC1D-E79C-420D-A79C-A87B20E1FA55.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.