Sigh puzzling FC numbers ?

Dba1047

Aug 10, 2019
Bayonne,NJ
Yes I know my CYA is ridiculous - haven t used a puck since July and have backwashed and refilled darn near daily - but it s mid September in New Jersey and I m not draining - refilling at this point - besides I bought out Lowe’s pool essentials liquid chlorine about 3 weeks ago !!???
Tuesday night my CC was 1 and a lot of leaves in pool and heavy rains
Tuesday night FC 8.5/Cc1/ph 7.8/TA70 /CYA80 so I added liquid chlorine to bring it to 22 but didn t test after addition
Wednesday am FC 21/CC less than .5/ph 8.2 /TA70/CYA80
90 F all day - a lot of sun- came home vacuumed pool - backwashed filter and added. A few inches of water and 6 crazy people in pool after school ( includes me:)
Thursday am FC 12.5/CC 0-.5 /ph 7.5 or 7.9 depending on whether you believe color or meter ?TA70/CYA 70-80
24 hours 8.5 ppm drop in FC ???
Crystal clear no signs of anything- sigh more leaves and seeds of course -
I have to get to work and it s going to rain all day allegedly so I m adding extra chlorine to get through till tomorrow - but does that drop make sense ?
Thank you all!!

Sure it makes sense- you had "six crazy people in the pool"! Someone may have had a lot of hair products in their hair... who knows?! You used a lot of chlorine with those 6 wild and crazy folks. Worth every ppm of chlorine, IMO, that you had a good time and still had FC left in the water.

Also remember that the higher the chlorine the faster the rate of natural loss. It just works that way.

Maddie :flower:

Sure it makes sense- you had "six crazy people in the pool"! Someone may have had a lot of hair products in their hair... who knows?! You used a lot of chlorine with those 6 wild and crazy folks. Worth every ppm of chlorine, IMO, that you had a good time and still had FC left in the water.

Also remember that the higher the chlorine the faster the rate of natural loss. It just works that way.

Maddie :flower:
Thanks !!
I do not begrudge a single drop !
Although I have named one dress my “ pool dress” and the amount of bleach on it has turned me back to the 1960’s!
Lol? any day in the pool with kids / grands is a good day for me !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.