jerryk1234

Bronze Supporter
Jan 22, 2018
Hayward, CA
So we'd like to have a place to shower off. Clean off before entering the pool, wash off the chlorine before going back in the house.
Can't have a real "shower" because code would require that the drain go to the sanitary sewer. What a pain that would be!
There is a big trench coming off the middle of the pool. Inside that trench there is a 1 inch PVC pipe with live city water for the autofill.

Pool guy says "Go ahead, tee off that pipe". "Don't have us do it, we'll charge you a zillion bucks". "Transition to copper before it hits
free air so the PVC won't rot in the sun".

So - a hose bib on the pool deck. Somewhere near that hose bib, a storm drain. "Shower? What shower?"

Anybody know the appropriate hardware to create a storm drain in a concrete deck?

With TFP water I see no reason to wash off when getting out of the pool. Feels great.

I would let it run off into your irrigation drain or even off the deck into the grass. The amount of chlorine you wash off and dilute with fresh water will be so low that it will do no damage to the grass. If you are so dirty that you are worried about the runoff getting on the lawn, you have bigger problems than worrying about where to drain your water. (that was a joke). I would set up one of those square teak shower racks or even river rock to elevate your feet from the ground.

I`m with Marty TFP chlorine levels are not a problem for our family.

I guess easiest way to wash off if you feel it is necessary is to use water hose with shower spray nozzle.

I gotta admit, I have no problem just drying off from the pool and going about my life. My hair feels clean and fluffy and I don't feel any residual chlorine on my skin.

Maddie :flower:

Can't say my hair is 'fluffy' - of course - I can't say I have any hair!!

No idea if your pool area is too formal for this to work, but:

My grandmother's beach house had a "shower" for rinsing off sand. It consisted of a shower head and a riser with a valve, but the bottom end was just a hose connector. So the shower could be attached to a hose from a nearby hose bibb, or not, as desired.

If you're planning on installing a hose connection teed off that city water line, you could make a similar ad hoc shower, which is eminently DIYable. You could even screw a splitter onto the hose connection and have both the shower and the hose semi-permanently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Honestly I rely on my FC to kill the nastiness I bring in. And the skimmer socks, filter and robot to clean it all out.

I frequently work in the yard and, though I don’t use soap, I feel much cleaner coming out.

I have often though seen the shower head on the side of the house just landing on the deck. Super simple.

Now I’m all about outdoor showers if the purpose is to fully shower! Makes me feel like I’m at the beach.

I replaced my hose faucet with a Moen Outdoor Hot/Cold faucet. Hot water outside is AWESOME!!!!! Gas tankless water heater is AWESOME!!!!!! Both together are SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!!

And it is 10' from my soon-to-be finished pool. Several years ago, I spent a couple hours mowing, weed eating, it was like 98 degrees, and it got really cloudy and started to rain...I got down to my undies, turned on the hot water, and sat outside under my handheld sprayer in a thunderstorm in the middle of the summer. The Moen faucet is $80. Do it.

I replaced my hose faucet with a Moen Outdoor Hot/Cold faucet. Hot water outside is AWESOME!!!!! Gas tankless water heater is AWESOME!!!!!! Both together are SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!!

And it is 10' from my soon-to-be finished pool. Several years ago, I spent a couple hours mowing, weed eating, it was like 98 degrees, and it got really cloudy and started to rain...I got down to my undies, turned on the hot water, and sat outside under my handheld sprayer in a thunderstorm in the middle of the summer. The Moen faucet is $80. Do it.

where did you get your stuff from?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.