Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are trying to figure out how to hide the equipment, especially from the sun. It will be on the south side of the house against the fence. It will get sun all day so we need something to cover it but be removable. We are planning on using the same block as the wall for the sides. Not sure about the front but it needs to open. We were wondering about covering it with a sun screen material so that air can circulate but the direct, intense AZ sun will be dimmed. I want it

I have similar situation however I just need a cover. The sun screen material is good as I have used that on a swing frame. However for my pool equipment I can considering a sail shade (example I found on Amazon) because I can keep the tension and also unhook it if I need to do changes on my equipment pad. Be interesting to see what others provide. You also have to allow sufficient ventilation for your heater exhaust if you have one.

Create Your Signature to help us understand what your current setup is

I have similar situation however I just need a cover. The sun screen material is good as I have used that on a swing frame. However for my pool equipment I can considering a sail shade (example I found on Amazon) because I can keep the tension and also unhook it if I need to do changes on my equipment pad. Be interesting to see what others provide. You also have to allow sufficient ventilation for your heater exhaust if you have one.

Create Your Signature to help us understand what your current setup is
I don't have a current set up yet. We are still getting bids. I'm just thinking ahead. I'll do my signature as soon as I know what to put in it ;).

The thought of the sail shade crossed my mind but it would have to be below the fenceline since the HOA does not allow them. It will also be by the walkway to the gate so we couldn't have a rope going across that way.

Thank you for mentioning the heater. We didn't think of that. We haven't had a spa before so it probably wouldn't have occured to us. How much airflow is needed? If we used a few of the blocks on each side that are open that are used at the bottom of the wall for water to go thru, would that be enough airflow along with a screen type fabric above?

Specifications for heater air intake requirements and exhast flu requirements will be in the installation manual for whatever heater you select.

Reactions: Nikilyn
My plan is to surround the utilities with a vinyl fence to hide it. It will also have room to hind the garbage bins and what ever I can get out of the garage to leave outside.
Thats the 2021 budget we when over just a tad this year,:laughblue: pctures in 6 months.

zpYxyoYNSNKkLhXMnrnNXw.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.