should I try to clear up or just replace water?

Aug 10, 2012
Normal, IL
I have a 20 foot intex pool with there sand filter going in to year 4 with it. I left the water in there all winter and there were leaves on the winter cover. So now my water looks like tea from all the leaves. There is not may leaves in the pool I can not see very deep but with the skimmer I am not piking up much of anything. last year I had more junk in the pool but I put in some chlorine ran the filter and it cleaned up fairly quickly. this year is not going so good.
my levels this morning are
FC 0 I added a gallon last night 10 hours ago. 1 gallon should bring to pool to 17
PH 6.8
TA 50
CH 50
CYA 20 or less, rain water filled the pool it was around 40 or 50 last year.
should I add chemicals and run the filter, just run the filter for a bit more to see how it cleans up, or drain and fill with new water.

SLAM Process
Get all the leaves out. Especially any on the bottom of the pool.
If your water is cheap and you can drain half the water and refill without risk, and your fill water is metal free, then doing that would not hurt.

The reason your chlorine reading is zero is that the gallon you added has been spent up already oxidizing algae and bacteria in the water. You are going to need many, many gallons of bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.