Should i refill?

May 12, 2015
New Cumberland
Long story but the spa shop came out , did a repair and had to drain my tub to do it. They pumped my nice warm water into my pool, i will take the heat so I didn't care. My concern is that they refilled my tub from the pool(faster than a hose so he could test). All chems and levels are fine, but I do use trichlor in my pool.

The tub is new this year and I have yet to do an ah-some flush to it, I was going to wait until fall and my first scheduled water change. I dont want to change the water but I have everything I need to do it if i have to

No need to change your water in the tub, provided you know the chemistry levels in your pool. What was your CYA level at in the pool when they filled the tub? The trichlor in your pool adds CYA to your water so likely your spa now has the same level of CYA in your pool water. Here, we recommend about 20-30 ppm of CYA in a spa to help buffer chlorine strength while still allowing even low levels of free chlorine (2 ppm) to keep the spa sanitized. If you have high CYA from the pool water, it may be more difficult to keep the spa properly sanitized.

See the sticky if you have not read it yet. I'm assuming you have a chlorine spa. How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?)

If it's a bromine spa, the CYA level will not affect the bromine strength and sanitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.