Should I get a Sand Filter for a 10,000 gallon above ground pool?

c627627

May 21, 2020
Kansas City
Someone recommended a Sand Filter to me for my 10,000 gallon above ground pool and said that this would be a quick & easy way to keep the pool water blue.
I have another 10,000 gallon pool that I may install next to it, so in my case [two 10K gallon pools], can you tell me why I should/shouldn't do this and what my options are as far as models go if you think I should consider this?

My biggest worry is that it appears that a sand filter can only filter debris 20 - 40 microns. Meaning for a green pool problem, it may take weeks to filter the cloudy water? When I heard about this disadvantage, it made me not get the sand filter last year because pretty much the *entire reason* for me considering a sand filter solution is to *not* have to worry about the water turning green...
Thank you for your advice.

Welcome to TFP.

Filtering does not fix green algae water. Chlorine kills the green algae. Filtering will then remove the dead algae and clear the water.

A sand filter will do as well as a cartridge filter.

I suggest you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.