Should I continue to SLAM?

Hi Debrina. I’ve tried to catch up on this thread but my time is super limited so I’m not sure if you’re solid on FC nowand asking for metal advice or still stumped on FC.

Youhave used so many different products now that I’m not sure how to advise...can you summarize in a list exactly what you’ve added this season?

High FC will always break down sequestrants rather quickly butan excess of AA and other products can also crash your FC.

So your FC needs to be at normal [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] levels BEFORE you treat with ANY Sequestrant.

So, get your FC down to your normal level, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if it will generally hold, then, in your shoes, I’d do the metal magic sponge test to see if it alone will remove the stains.

Here’s a link, hope that helps: http://www.proteampoolcare.com/images/uploads/MetalMagicSpongeTest.pdf

Hi Debrina. I’ve tried to catch up on this thread but my time is super limited so I’m not sure if you’re solid on FC nowand asking for metal advice or still stumped on FC.

Youhave used so many different products now that I’m not sure how to advise...can you summarize in a list exactly what you’ve added this season?

High FC will always break down sequestrants rather quickly butan excess of AA and other products can also crash your FC.

So your FC needs to be at normal [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] levels BEFORE you treat with ANY Sequestrant.

So, get your FC down to your normal level, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if it will generally hold, then, in your shoes, I’d do the metal magic sponge test to see if it alone will remove the stains.

Here’s a link, hope that helps: http://www.proteampoolcare.com/images/uploads/MetalMagicSpongeTest.pdf

This is who I asked to stop in on your thread. She is a master with metals in the water. She is also a new puppy mom so........limited on time LOL

Thank you very much - I will try to list it all out, this has been going on for 2 months so it is not easy. I will let the FC drift to normal of 7 and test tonight to see if I pass.

My heart is so happy for you!!

On your TA------------this is the last thing we adjust. pH and TA go hand in hand. Lets let things ride for the next week or so. See what your pH has to say. If your pH stays level then leave your TA alone. If you see your pH climbing up fast (a point a day or so) then we will work on finding the TA your pool likes.

Kim:kim:

My heart is so happy for you!!

On your TA------------this is the last thing we adjust. pH and TA go hand in hand. Lets let things ride for the next week or so. See what your pH has to say. If your pH stays level then leave your TA alone. If you see your pH climbing up fast (a point a day or so) then we will work on finding the TA your pool likes.

Okee Dokee - what about the CYA though should I raise it up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good morning folks!

Got home from a 3 day camping trip to a clear pool still :kim:I was nervous because we had a storm, but nothing a little vacuum can't fix. I had put the SWG on super chlorinate 24/7 during the trip.

Morning numbers
FC = 8
CC = 0
pH = 7.4
CYA = 60 (gonna add some more today to bring to 70)
ALK = still at 110
CH = 125
SALT = 4800
Sequestrant = 8

So, my plan is to get the pool to NOT run 24/,7 maintain FC and find my happy place.

Still waiting on my order of Metal Magic which is taking a VERY long time to deal with my stains. Other than that we have 3 parties ahead and time to FINALLY enjoy this pool!! THANK YOU ALL once again for all your support through this ordeal!!

SO much right with this post!!! 3 parties to show off and enjoy all of your hard work :party: SWEET!!!

Yup Kim I too have a happy heart!! 2 parties down and tons of comments on how sparkling and soft my water is :) Have the SWG going 12 hours a day and FC very stable!

Metal magic has finally arrived and I will try the sponge test per swamp woman :)

Time to raise your calcium Debrina. 125ppm is too low for a plaster pool. Take it up to 350ppm.
Maddie :flower:

I do have a vinyl pool Maddie, not plaster, but will add the calcium today:)

Thank you all for your help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.