Should I be concerned?

Is there a pool toy, swimsuit or something else in the water that's "shedding", so to speak? I had green particles on my floor that I thought for sure was algae. Turns out one of the pool noodles was shedding tiny pieces of itself in the water. Maybe you have something similar to that.

Is there a pool toy, swimsuit or something else in the water that's "shedding", so to speak? I had green particles on my floor that I thought for sure was algae. Turns out one of the pool noodles was shedding tiny pieces of itself in the water. Maybe you have something similar to that.
Good thought, but no pool toys or anything else in the pool.
The good news is ovr the last 2-3 weeks the pumice stone or other dust on the bottom has gone away, only these floating particles. By running the filter more and using that leaf filter when I am in the pool to strain the water, it seems there is less now. I have looked around my yard and the desert wash/golf course we live on and don't see any suspicious bushes. But the whole month has been windy and we had some rain a few times (yea!) so who knows what is in bloom. Things sprout up overnight after rain here. I hope it I seasonal and goes away soon.

I know a few members are in Arizona and even some in Tucson. Any locals have a clue? I have been here 6 years and this is a first for this phenomenon

Not in AZ - in TX but I had really weird "mealy bug destroyer" larvae in various stages of pupation blowing / dropping into the pool from oak trees every night for a month. Apparently the oak trees get mealy bug infestations and these suckers respond by breeding profusely. Probably not common enough but the quantity of bugs and other airborne organics I had no idea existed would lead me in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.