Should I adjust PH for CSI or leave it alone?

nwsurfer

Jun 27, 2022
PNW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a SWG and plaster pool with tile at the water line so, based on what I have read, it is important for me to keep the CSI within the -.3 to .3 range. Unfortunately, my CSI has been lower than -.3 for a couple of weeks now.

Most recent test results:
FC 8.5
pH 7.4
TA 70
CH 425
CYA 70
SALT 3600
CSI -.41

I put a solar cover on the pool during the night and morning when the kids aren't swimming in the pool (to help keep the pool warmish) which, based on what I've read and are experiencing, is causing the pH not to raise naturally. Therefore, should I raise the pH with Borax?

I have a SWG and plaster pool with tile at the water line so, based on what I have read, it is important for me to keep the CSI within the -.3 to .3 range. Unfortunately, my CSI has been lower than -.3 for a couple of weeks now.

Most recent test results:
FC 8.5
pH 7.4
TA 70
CH 425
CYA 70
SALT 3600
CSI -.41

I put a solar cover on the pool during the night and morning when the kids aren't swimming in the pool (to help keep the pool warmish) which, based on what I've read and are experiencing, is causing the pH not to raise naturally. Therefore, should I raise the pH with Borax?
If your pH isn’t rising fast, leave it alone. It’ll go up eventually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.