Shotcrete leaching

Spookie

Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2014
Highland, CA
Shotcrete was completed a week ago. Ever since, I’ve noticed dirt on one area of a wall. Although I cannot see the muddy water coming through the wall, I know it is because it rinsed off when I water down the Shotcrete and then appears again hours later. Builder says it’s all good and that the pool finish is what makes it water tight. Sounds logical but some unbiased points of view would be appreciated. Although the leaching is near the drains, it isn’t coming from the Shotcrete surrounding the area they protrude from the wall.

64D57643-CE22-4B44-AEA0-5747EC00C1CE.jpegF9FDDE64-1435-4DB9-B7C9-C21CC39A864C.jpeg

Looks normal to me - as you know we have had TONS of rain in California this year. Water will leach through the shotcrete. My pool (gunite) looked terrible and had white streaks, dark patches, wet patches, tons of brown water in the bottom you name it.

One good thing about all the rain - you won't need to water it by hand!

Correct, the plaster finish is the waterproofing element.

Thanks for the replies, makes me feel better. Now I can find something else to stress about.

Ah yes, there will be plenty! But just keep bouncing things off everyone here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.