crr1876

Jul 22, 2022
San Antonio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am taking my first trip since new pool startup a few months ago. We are only going to be gone 3 nights. I currently only chlorinate with liquid chlorine and my CYA is at 50. If I raise my FC to SLAM level the morning before we go (20ppm) I think I should be ok for such a short trip. Alternatively, I was debating about raising to SLAM level but also dropping 1-2 trichlor tabs in the inline chlorinator just in case. The thought of using the tabs makes me nervous to add much CYA. Any advice would be appreciated!

Do you think my FC would still be at an OK level if I didn’t add any tabs? I know FC loss is hard to completely predict but I was thinking around 33% loss per 24 hours. So if I raise to 20, then after 1 day it would be around 14, then around 9 after 2 days, then 6 and about 4ppm when I got home. Does this logic seem about right?

Well, usually the higher the FC, the faster more drops. That's why we normally discourage folks from overdosing usually as its a waste.

I think you'll be fine either way. With the sun not directly overhead that buys you a bit of time. You'll just need to check the pool as soon as you get home again.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.