Shopping for New filter - Jandy DEV60?

Santamina

Jul 22, 2019
NJ
Hi all - You guys are the best and helped me bring my pool back to life from an awful contractor mess. THANK YOU!! Now it's time to replace our 20+yr old filter. We were quoted a Jandy ProSeries DEV60. I've googled it and it doesn't seem to be available for sale anywhere online (not that I would buy it online just looking for a price reference). But now that I can't find it available anywhere my skepticism on whether this was a good suggestion or not is growing.
So I am asking the real experts for their thoughts (that's you guys;)). Also, and I don't know if this is important or not, we will be converting to a SWG next season. We're in NJ so we'll be closing pool in about a month. Looking forward to suggestions! Thank you!

The Pentair 180009 FNS Plus Fiberglass FNSP60 D.E. Pool Filter is equivalent and it doesn’t have proprietary parts like the unique pressure gauge on the DEV60.

This is why you cannot find prices on the internet.

Starting Jan. 1, 2019, Zodiac Pool Systems will no longer allow its Jandy Pro Series line of products to be sold on the internet.

The company’s marquee brand, which includes components for the equipment pad such as pumps and heaters, as well as the controllers that originally put it on the map, is being converted to trade series exclusive status.

The move will strike more than 400 of its skus from e-commerce, company officials said.

As stipulated in its new policy, Zodiac will not warranty Jandy Pro products purchased via the internet after Dec. 31, 2018. Additionally, the manufacturer plans to assemble a team of in-house employees and contracted individuals to monitor the internet for violators around the clock. It also will provide contact information for pool professions to report infractions.
Finally, the company says it plans to penalize violators by withholding loyalty rebates and incentives and, for those who continue to breach the policy, a refusal to sell the affected products.

Last edited:
Thanks neighbor:)

I guess that way the retailers can charge whatever they want and have a good profit margin! Makes sense...

Ok so even though Zodiac has gone the exclusive route, do you think the Jandy DEV60 is a good filter? Or is the Pentair one better?

We were also quoted on the SWG - an AquaPure®Water Purification System. Thoughts on that piece?

I think a filter is a commodity. They all do the same thing in basically the same way. As I said I don’t like that Jandy has created some proprietary parts for common parts like a pressure gauge.

What automation do you have? We recommend that the automation, pump, and SWG be from the same manufacturer. That way they work best together.

So if you get the AquaPure it works best with the Jandy Aqualink automation and Jandy VS pumps.

If I had a choice I would get Pentair equipment. But it is like a Ford vs. Chevy comparison. They can all do the job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.