Shocking pool, Question?

Checked pool this morning. Still blue and cloudy. No change in clarity after having pump run all night. Back to reconsidering drain and refil or just giving up for the season. Pump has been running nonstop for a week and my electric bill is through the roof not to mention what I've spent on bleach

paigekorn said:
Would like to also point out that I backwashed it and nothing dirty looking came out of the hose after running it all night.
Only backwash when your filter pressure is 15 to 20% over clean pressure. In other words if after backwashing your filter gauge reads 12 psi, you would wait till it reads 14 or 15 psi to backwash.

It looks like you're at that stage where you just have to wait on your filter. When I'm at that stage with my sand filter I can go two or three days till I have to backwash. A filter will trap finer and finer material as it gets dirty. Adding DE is sort of simulating a dirty filter without the wait. Keep up the Chlorine and let that filter run 24/7 and do it's work.
Even though I knew that my pool would clear by following the proper shocking procedure, it gets a little frustrating when it doesn't look like progress is being made. But that's just a trick of the eyes. If you take a picture of the pool every day you will see definite progress that you don't see when looking at the pool in real time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.