shock from hot tub

Check with your plank manufacturer, this is interesting & not crazy.

Ask them if you can hire an electrician to fasten a ground to earth mechanism to the planks or if they have a proprietary device.
I read that they say that it's subsides over the years and they also sell a product that you can spray on the deck but that washes away with the weather and you must reapply. If this is the case I'm sure I can live with this until it goes away just want to be safe.

a,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your "Rose Garden" pool and spa questions... :shark:

I suspect that there is a difference in electrical potential between your deck and your electrical ground... I know the power is off, but the ground is most likely still connected... just as a test, disconnect the ground wire, that is going to your spa and see if (with the power still off) you are still getting your small shock..

What type of deck is the tub on? I suspect concrete. I assume you are getting the shock while standing on the deck..

Let us know the results of this test..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I know this is an old post but I’m having the same problem with my pool but when I disconnect the ground as you’ve mentioned the current goes away. What exactly does that mean?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.