krusej23

Mar 10, 2023
Central Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was opening a 1lb bag of shock(73% cal hypo) tonight over my toolbox because that's where my scissors are and I lost control of the bag but caught it. It spilled maybe 50 small granules of shock onto my toolbox so I grabbed some paper towels and wiped them up and threw them in my garbage can in the garage. After looking up disposal on this, that seems like it was a bad idea. It's it okay since it was such a small amount of do I need to dig those granules out in the morning?

The disposal of that little amount is not important. More important is your toolbox which will rust if you don't get the cal hypo off.

Very wet rag to dilute and then dry rag to remove any residual. sooner rather than later.

The disposal of that little amount is not important. More important is your toolbox which will rust if you don't get the cal hypo off.

Very wet rag to dilute and then dry rag to remove any residual. sooner rather than later.
I was able to get it off of the toolbox but I will take a wet rag to it today. I was worried about the garbage because I saw somewhere that paper towels could start on fire with the cal hypo on it. Thanks!

If you are worried about it (I would be but I know I am a big worry bear so....) Go out there and find the towels and take them out and wet them down to make sure they can't do any harm. You could also take the whole bag outside and put it in a safe spot until garbage day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.