Sheets of foam board under pool

Welcome to TFP :)

just the .5 inch boards and no need under the feet/legs :)

Get these 4x8x16 inch blocks from lowes, the 2 inch will break on that pool I know as they did on mine...

Check out my thread in my signature not really the first 3 pages :)
Thank You so much for replying, glad you told me about pavers, I was gonna get the 2" ones. will one layer of the foam boards be enough?

I used the 3/4 inch ones and they have been perfect for 8 years... I do not think there will be any difference in the 1/2 inch ones :)

Also, grab the 3 inch gorilla tape from Lowes to connect them, it is great stuff...

Reactions: Mholcomb214

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well that will do... I guess you guys have way thicker sheets up there.. .most everything down here is 1/2 or 3/4 inch.. I went 3/4 inch and I am on the thicker side, most go with 1/2 inch stuff.. I could not find one 1/2 inch on that site, nothing under 1 inch... 1/2 inch will work if you can find it... and we get 4x8 foot sheets not 2x8...

Well that will do... I guess you guys have way thicker sheets up there.. .most everything down here is 1/2 or 3/4 inch.. I went 3/4 inch and I am on the thicker side, most go with 1/2 inch stuff.. I could not find one 1/2 inch on that site, nothing under 1 inch... 1/2 inch will work if you can find it... and we get 4x8 foot sheets not 2x8...
Ha, ok thanks. It does get quite cold up here :) The psi rating is good too? There are home depots and lowes up here as well. I'm presuming the type of foam is correct as well.

This is my first build. I'm quite handy so I'm not stressed about it, just want to do it right the first time. I have a base pad of limestone screening, going to dig my pavers for the legs down level with the screening, install the base rail, and then cut the foam to fit. Does this sound right?

After that put the walls up, cove moulding, then liner. Since it's a snap in liner, will the 1 1/4" foam base create too much slack in the liner? IE you don't have to stretch the liner as high to reach the connection points.

ahhhh, I thought you had an Intex type pool... You have a full fledge regular pool... Those are a little more difficult and I am not sure about what to use for them.. Hopefully someone comes along that have used it on your type pool...

Ha, ok thanks. It does get quite cold up here :) The psi rating is good too? There are home depots and lowes up here as well. I'm presuming the type of foam is correct as well.

This is my first build. I'm quite handy so I'm not stressed about it, just want to do it right the first time. I have a base pad of limestone screening, going to dig my pavers for the legs down level with the screening, install the base rail, and then cut the foam to fit. Does this sound right?

After that put the walls up, cove moulding, then liner. Since it's a snap in liner, will the 1 1/4" foam base create too much slack in the liner? IE you don't have to stretch the liner as high to reach the connection points.
The recommendations I have seen for a regular AGP call for 2-3” of sand and a cove on top of that. Your foam is thinner so I would think it would cause liner to stretch a bit more, rather than create slack.

How are you making your cove? What does install manual say about the depth of bottom padding?

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.