Sheer Descent recommendations / external pumps

Amckoy

Sep 14, 2022
North Carolina
Question 1: What are the top and reliable brands of Sheer descents with LED lighting incorporated into them. They need to be 24" inches. We will have 3 installed.
Question 2: Is there a way to put a separate pump on a sheer descent. We have plumbing going to where the sheer descent will be but I would like for it to maybe be on it's own pump so I can run my spa, bubblers and sheer descent at the same time. Didn't realize this couldn't occur when we got our plumbing installed for the pool.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-15 at 5.10.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-15 at 5.10.46 PM.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to TFP.

Question 1: What are the top and reliable brands of Sheer descents with LED lighting incorporated into them. They need to be 24" inches. We will have 3 installed.

I think Jandy and CMP are your only choices for lighted sheer descents.

Question 2: Is there a way to put a separate pump on a sheer descent. We have plumbing going to where the sheer descent will be but I would like for it to maybe be on it's own pump so I can run my spa, bubblers and sheer descent at the same time. Didn't realize this couldn't occur when we got our plumbing installed for the pool.

For a separate pump you need a separate suction line to feed the pump. Where is your pool build? Can another VGBA suction line be added? They are typically put on the deep end pool wall.

Last edited:
Just had a sheer descent put in w/ three 24” waterfalls, but no LED. As Allen says, you will need a separate set of drains. I tried several pumps (1 hp, 1.5 hp, 2.0 hp vsp). The 2.0 hp w/ variable speed worked best.

If you use a separate pump for the sheers, be sure to have a filter in the line as well. Does not have to be as large as the pool filter, but needs to handle the sheer's flow requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.