Sharp tiled pool steps - resolution ideas?

kurucu

Jan 10, 2021
Melbourne, VIC
Hi everyone,

I've just rented a property in Melbourne with a pool, hoping to stay here for some years. So far it's been a delight! We're responsible for general pool maintenance, and the three Cs, and the landlord is responsible for the equipment and its maintenance etc.

The pool has three tiled steps (concrete base pool), each of which have no visibility strips, are of different square sizes and have very sharp edges. The issue is that the steps are hard to see in the water, and could easily be swum into - leaving a bit dent in your head!

I'm sure the landlord would agree to some sort of resolution to this issue - but I can't find anything to propose. So what ideas do you have? Are there any foam corners that can be stuck on under water? As a minimum I'd like to identify where the steps are - but can't see any post-installation underwater stickers (or similar). The best solution would be that and something to protect you if you fall against he sharp edges.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Welcome to TFP.

Search for pool step decals or stickers. Something like this may work on the steps...

Post some pics of the problem steps so we can see your situation for ideas.

Cheers Allen,
I did have a search for stickers and decals, and have had no luck! I will try again, of course. I wondered if they had special names, as all I ever find is the odd depth warning or dolphins.
I'll post some pictures in a moment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.