Shade Sail Question

Sorry late just saw this.

Depending on location and because ladder accessibility was tough on one side: For some I mounted stainless steel diamond pad eye hook plates with sheet metal stainless screws and carabiners with pulleys.

For the less accessible I used heavy duty double outdoor zip ties thru some PVC pipe “roller” with carabiners and pulleys. The latter will roll up the angled support struts as I tighten the good quality nylon rope. I lash the rope on nylon cleats secured with stainless screws in an accessible place with no more than a step ladder. Lots of experimenting trial and error but settled on this pulley system so I could hoist and tighten and take down easier. They are down before hurricane Ian’s arrival. They work great. No mishaps. The rope chord will get scungy after a couple almost year round seasons in FL. The sails I use seem OK after almost 3 years but I have some new ones ready. I replaced the zip ties every other year.

If I was building new, I would maybe have some stainless eye pad plates installed everywhere but the zip tie roller system also works well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.